“My client has sent me quite a large number of .mbox files for the preparation of presentation. But, I find it difficult to access them, as the Thunderbird email client is not installed on my system. However, it is very important to me to open Thunderbird MBOX file. Therefore, I started searching for an effective and reliable solution for opening MBOX files, but I did not find any relevant method to perform this task. So, I want to know, How to view Mozilla Thunderbird mailbox file. Please suggest me any method to get rid of this situation.”
It is one of the most emerging queries that users want to open and read .mbox file through the Thunderbird application. The reason behind is increasing the popularity of Thunderbird email application among the users. This application can be used by the regular users as well as professionals users in order to maintain the email communication. The file format in which it stores the data is MBOX. However, it is a universal format supported by many other email clients also such as SeaMonkey, Eudora, EarthLink, etc. At times, it happens, users cannot access .mbox file and search for the manual solution. Therefore, we have come up with the all possible solution that can open .mbox file in Thunderbird application.
Steps to Open Thunderbird MBOX File Manually
Mozilla Thunderbird Import/Export wizard is the tool that helps users to import MBOX file to Thunderbird. By this, a user can move the all orphan .mbox file in the Thunderbird email client and can read them easily. To do so, go through the following set of instructions carefully, after which users can open Thunderbird MBOX file:
- At first, install Import/Export tool on your system.
- Now, open Thunderbird desktop application on your machine.
- Click on Tools >> Import/Export Tools.
- After that, select Import MBOX file from the given list.
- The Files MBOX Import dialog box will appear, then select the Import directly one or more MBOX files.
- Click on Next to continue the process.
- If a user wishes to import the MBOX file along with its subdirectories, then choose the option “Import one or MBOX files with its/their subdirectory”.
- Click on OK button.
- Browse the desired .mbox file from the hard drive.
- Finally, click on Open to move MBOX file in Thunderbird domain.
Note:- A user can also open Thunderbird MBOX without the Import/Export add-on in Thunderbird. A user only needs to set up an account on Thunderbird and find the local folder directory. After that, drag and drop the desired MBOX files in a local directory folder. By doing this, all the emails will be moved to the folder and user can access the emails easily.
Limitations of Manual Method
Manual method does not ensure the data security and integrity. Here, some light is focused on the demerits of manual solutions to view MBOX file with the help of Thunderbird profile:
- There is always a chance of losing data loss
- The manual procedure is very long and time-consuming
- The requirement to configure Thunderbird and Import/Export add-on
So, it is highly recommended to open MBOX files carefully. To overcome the limitation of the manual method, take the help of MBOX Viewer.
Effortless Solution to Open Thunderbird MBOX File
It is evident from the above that the manual approach has lots of limitations, and it cannot be considered as the perfect solution. So, it is recommended to use a secure and effective professional solution, named as, SysTools MBOX Viewer Tool to open Thunderbird MBOX. This tool is designed to view multiple MBOX emails file along with its attachment in the absence of supporting email clients. Moreover, it has the straightforward and user-friendly interface that makes the entire process so smooth and facile. Apart from this, it provides many dynamic features and major ones are shown here:
- Open MBOX file of multiple email client such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
- Provide option to add selective MBOX file or a complete folder of .mbox
- Automatically fetch all MBOX files, which are stored inside the system
- No requirement to install the supporting email clients to view the MBOX
- MBOX Viewer tool supports Windows 10 and all its below versions
Wrapping it Up
Sometimes it is not possible to access .mbox file that is coming from the different source in the Thunderbird profile. Considering this, we have discussed the most appropriate manual approach. Also discussed a professional software, entitled as, MBOX Viewer Tool. It is capable to open multiple .mbox files without its supporting email client environment. So, as per the need, users can select any of the solutions and can open Thunderbird MBOX file on the system.