Exchange server is the essential mail server, which is used with Microsoft Outlook and it saves the data in OST format. This OST file can be accessed offline and synchronized with MS Exchange server when it is connected to the internet. Now, everybody knows about the latest technology Office 365 and its many advantages. However, it helps users to access the mailbox data from anywhere without any dependency. Because of these beneficial features, most of the organization wants to convert OST to Office 365. But, there is no any direct method to move OST file to Office 365.
Thus, in this blog, we are going to explain to you how to import OST to Office 365. This conversion process executed in two steps. First is OST to PST file conversion and second is PST to Office 365 migration. Also, there are many third-party tools to help you save OST emails directly in Office 365 accounts.
How to Import OST to Office 365?
There is no any direct solution available to migrate OST emails to Office 365. So, you can execute this process in two steps:
- Step 1: Convert OST files to PST format
- Step 2: Upload PST file to Office 365 environment
Step 1: Convert OST File to PST Format
There are four different ways to migrate OST file to the PST format.
- Create a new PST file & copy OST items in it
- Use the archive feature of Microsoft Outlook
- Use the Export feature of Microsoft Outlook
- Use third-party OST to PST conversion tool
1. Create a new PST file & copy OST items in it
- First of all, start the MS Outlook application
- After that, create a new PST file in Outlook
- Now, copy all data from the required OST folders
- Then, paste it into the PST file.
2. Use the archive feature of Microsoft Outlook
- At first, start the Outlook application
- Then, select File Cleanup tools
- After that, select a file or folder
- Browse the destination where you want to save the file
- Finally, click on OK button.
3. Use the Export feature of Microsoft Outlook
- First, start the MS Outlook application
- Then, go to the File menu and Export option
- Now, select the Export to a file & click Next button
- After that, select the Personal File Folder (PST) option & click on Next button
- In this step, Choose the folders you want to export and choose a destination location
- Click on the Finish button to complete the process.
Step 2: Upload PST File to Office 365 Environment
After converting the OST file to PST format, now, you have to upload it to Office 365 environment. There are three different ways to import PST file to Office 365:
- With the help of network upload using Azure AzCopy
- With the help of Drive shipping to Microsoft method
- Use Third-party OST to Office 365 Migrator tool
1. With the help of network upload using Azure AzCopy
- First, download and install the Azure AzCopy & copy the SAS (Shared Access Signature) URL
- Then, upload the PST files to Office 365
- After that, create the PST mapping (CSV) file
- Now, create an import job in Office 365 to import PST file
- Finally, filter the data and start the migration of PST to Office 365.
2. With the help of Drive shipping to Microsoft method
By using the Drive shipping method, you can easily import PST files to Office 365. For this purpose, you just have to copy the PST files to a hard drive, then you can send the drive to the Microsoft. At last, Microsoft will copy the data from the drive to the Office 365.
A Direct Solution to Import OST to Office 365
The manual solutions are very lengthy. In this, a user has to perform two steps to import OST to Office 365. If a user has the large size of OST files in batch, then, the manual method takes a lot of time and efforts. Also, if any of these steps are not performed properly, then there are chances of data loss or corruption. So, third-party solution i.e OST to Office 365 Migrator tool is an ideal solution to move OST file to Office 365. This utility overcomes all limitations of the manual approach and converts OST to Office 365 in just a few numbers of clicks.
Here we have discussed how to import OST to Office 365. According to the need of users, there are various manual solutions available which are free of cost. But, these solutions have some consequences. So that, a user can prefer the reliable third-party solution to migrate OST emails to Office 365 directly and easily. It overcomes all drawbacks of manual methods.